Guiding a person that displays challenging or disruptive behavior takes a steady, but patient hand. Their excessive behavior can even be debilitating, limiting the person’s ability to participate in normal social and vocational atmospheres. Since they can be caused by environmental, biological, social, and other factors, sometimes the person exhibiting challenging behavior benefits best from therapy, and other times a caregiver can help them. Both can benefit from CreateAbility’s behavioral solutions that provide an avenue for appropriate communication and guided assistance.
When a person can’t express their emotions constructively, they may act in ways that can negatively affect their education or relationships with those around them. Controlling emotions can be an effective strategy for managing and reducing challenging behaviors because it can be learned and improved over time. CreateAbility’s solutions promote emotional development customized to the individual.
- My Emotional Compass: helps individuals identify and label their emotions, so that they can improve their ability to control them
- Mobile Avatar Coach: for those with intellectual disabilities and behavioral health issues
- Affectus: a guided series for development of behavioral health skills
Many people with emotional or behavioral problems can become upset when their schedule deviates. This means that if your care team is disorganized, it could trigger bad behavior. Consistency of care affords the person a calm environment and safe space to express their emotions. Solutions from CreateAbility provide structure and safeguards to ensure stability.
- BEAM: a cloud-based portal for coordinating, tracking activities, and communicating within a personal or professional care team
- Independence Builder: fosters independence for people with intellectual developmental disabilities, such as Down syndrome or autism
- MeMinder: individualized check lists for each member of the care team
Before any emotional issue can be addressed, the individual must first be able to communicate what emotions they are feeling. This can be difficult for those that lack an accurate and precise vocabulary to describe an already ambiguous idea. CreateAbility’s solutions are designed to assist in identifying and labeling emotions to put control back into the hands of the individual, rather than allowing their emotions to control them.